Over 75 questions have been written for the literary work: Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan. This realistic piece of historical fiction follows the riches to rags story of Esperanza, a girl who is forced to flea to California from her home in Mexico during the Great Depression. Esperanza lives a life of comfort in Mexico with servants, a big house, and beautiful dresses. This all changes very quickly when she is forced to flee to California and becomes a migrant farm worker.
The questions in this new literature set range in difficulty and style. Students will be exposed to basic fact-based questions, vocabulary, literary terms, structure, theme, and much more! This literature set can be found in the Novels topic, Levels G, H, and I.
To access these questions, please follow these steps:
- From your Teacher Center, click the Assignments link.
- Select the English Language Arts course from the drop down menu.
- Enter a name for the assignment and click Create New Assignment.
- On the question criteria page, be sure the Show Classic Courses button is UNCHECKED.
- Click ELA, check the Topics box on the filter by bar, and click START.
- You will find Esperanza Rising under the Novel topic.
- Click the blue plus signs to expand Esperanza Rising. This title narrows down to more specific areas of the literary work.
- Once you have the areas you wish selected by checking the boxes, click the Save Choices & Show me questions button to be taken to the page to view individual questions and add them to your assignment.