Castle Learning has just released three original Enduring Issue Essay Assignments for teachers and students to use in preparation for the Global History and Geography Regents exam. Castle Learning has prepared a five document Enduring Essay assignment with many valuable components that will help NYS students “see” what needs to be done on the upcoming exam. As with the actual exam, students will see the same essay task every time. While the task and sources stay the same, the Enduring Issue focused on in each set is different. Our Global Studies Gurus have comprised an original set of five documents and then focused the essay answer on three separate Enduring Issues.
Listed here is Enduring Issue Set 1
What does Set 1 Consist of?
- The same essay task (as it will be for the new Global History and Geography Exam)
- The same five documents (Castle Learning will continuously add new document sets)
- A different Enduring Issue Sample Essay Answer focusing on a specific Issue
Where can I find the Enduring Issue Essay Tasks?
- Click on the DBQ, Enduring Issue, and Source Writing Tile
- The first three Sets are the NEW, Original Enduring Issue Essay Tasks
This is such a different type of task for Global teachers and students to tackle that we’ve also compiled additional “companion documents” that teachers may attach to their assignments. These “Lessons” can be added to the assignments to help guide students in the writing process.
The Lessons include:
- How to develop and write the opening paragraph
- A chart of what to include in the body paragraphs
- Different Versions of the sample essays– targeting three different Enduring Issues evidenced in the documents– each rubric indexed to show how it competently fulfills the writing task
How do I find and add the Lessons to my assignments?
- Click on the double arrows to open up the Modify Assignment Options
- Choose Add Lesson
- The Global History and Geography Lessons will open in a separate window
- You can view the lessons by selecting the magnifying glass before you attach them to your assignment
- Click the plus sign to add a lesson to your assignment
Typically the Castle Learning Content Team strives for uniformity and consistency when releasing materials. For example, we usually have all our essay questions and answers in the same format. We did not do that this time around. We know that this is a completely foreign concept and question type for some of our teachers and students. Thus, we’ve created different versions of the sample answers and checklists provided with these essay questions. You won’t see the same format used in any of these three questions.
Well, because we’d like you to tell us what works best for you and your students. Please look through the materials, use them, ask your students, and let us know what is most helpful. We want to create the BEST experience and learning tool for you and your students. So we want to hear from you!