Castle has released new questions that reflect the recent changes to the NYS US History Regents exam. We’ve created over 50 new Public Assignments where you can easily find these new questions. The new questions sets consist of SAQs (short answer questions) and Civics Literacy Essay style questions.
New question attributes have also been added for US History as well as Global History & Geography so that teachers can search for the questions more effectively:
- Sourcing Historical Situation
- Sourcing Intended Audience
- Sourcing Purpose
- Sourcing Point of View
- Sourcing Audience
- Sourcing Bias
- Sourcing Miscellaneous
- Sourcing Reliability
- Sourcing Use
- Civics Literacy Essay
- Enduring Issue Essay
These question attributes are now reflected in our data reports.
To find the Public Assignments:
- From your Assignments page, click Create From Public Assignments.
- Click the blue cross in front of Social Studies, US History and Government/Global History and Geography, Castle Assignments, and New York.
- Check the box in front of the assignment you want to import and click Import.
Castle Learning users can use the exams/tests in many ways:
- pre- and post-tests
- end of course state test preparation
- practice review throughout the year
Teachers can assign to students as a simple quiz with no feedback, or as an open practice assignment with clickable vocabulary links, hints, reasons and instant feedback.
Students can also access the exams through their Self-Study Rocket Mode feature to work independently on increasing their knowledge base and preparedness.