In conjunction with recently released Public Assignments for the NYS US History Regents exam which include new questions reflecting changes to the exam (short answer question types and the Civics Literacy Essay), we have created two new Sample Assessments to help teachers and students prepare for the upcoming exam with the new format.
To find the Sample Assessments:
- From your Assignments page, click Create From Public Assignments.
- Click the blue cross in front of Social Studies, US History and Government, Castle Assignments, and New York.
- Scroll to the bottom and check the box in front of the sample assessment you want to import and click Import.
Castle Learning users can use the samplers in many ways:
- pre- and post-tests
- end of course state test preparation
- practice review throughout the year
Teachers can assign to students as a simple quiz with no feedback, or as an open practice assignment with clickable vocabulary links, hints, reasons and instant feedback.
Students can also access the US History questions through their Self-Study Rocket Mode feature to work independently on increasing their knowledge base and preparedness.