Are you a leader? Can you deliver professional development training for teachers?
Castle Learning is looking for per diem candidates who are retired or part time educators and have previous employment experience as: teachers; school administrators; professors; staff development coordinators; or other backgrounds working with adults, teachers and students.
The trainer, as an independent contractor, would have the option to agree to accept or decline the job’s date(s), time and requirements. Professional development workshops can be scheduled during the school year or summer months. Training events typically occur between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Trainer will demonstrate and explain content, navigational features, and benefits of Castle Learning in a computer lab during a hands-on training experience
- Trainer will be required to follow the procedures and handouts provided by Castle Learning
- Trainer will be required to travel to various schools typically within a one-hour radius of their home base
- Trainer will be required to attend a train-the-trainer session and participate in online updates periodically
- Trainer will work with school administrators, teachers and students and be required to dress in a professional manner as per guidelines given by Castle Learning
- Background checks and professional references may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong computer skills and be comfortable using online technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional presentation skills
- Organizational and customer service skills
- Experience working with the novice computer user and a high threshold of patience is needed
- Self-motivated, dependable and needing minimal supervision
- Experience using Castle Learning is a plus but not required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: Minimum 2 years teaching/training experience
- Trainer must provide own vehicle for transportation and mileage will be reimbursed at current IRS rate
- Trainer must have own email account and cell phone
Please follow this link, fill in the application located at the bottom of the page, and attach your resume with a cover letter that tells us why you would be a good fit for this position.
If there are any questions contact:
Director of Support & Training
Castle Learning Online
1-800-345-7606 ext. 110