The Castle Learning Content teams have been hard at work. We would like to announce the publication of some additional new NYS 2021 Sample Assessments in various courses. Since NYS did not administer and therefore release assessment questions for 2020, the Castle Content Team has created our “own” version of the end of year assessments. These samplers have been created for:
- High School English
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- 4th and 8th Grade Science
- Living Environment/Biology
- Earth Science (Coming Soon)
- 5th Grade Social Studies American Studies and Western Hemisphere
The question counts for each respective exam mimic the number of questions found on the end of year assessment for that grade level. Example: The Algebra I exam typically has 37 questions; our sample exam also has 37 questions. We also modeled the question types, topics, and standards found on the assessment. The content team used the standard and topic percentages to curate these sample assessments.
To find the NYS Sample Assessments:
- From your assignment page, click Create from Public Assignments. Choose your content area, choose your course/level, choose your state and check box next to the sample assessment and click import. See example below:
- For Math click the blue cross in front of Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics (3-5) or Intermediate Mathematics (6-8), Castle Assignments, and New York. Check the box in front of the desired NYS Grade 3-8 Math Sample assessment and click Import.
Castle Learning users can use the sampler exams in many ways:
- pre- and post-tests
- end of course state test preparation
- practice review throughout the year
Teachers can assign the sampler to students as a simple quiz with no feedback, or as an open practice assignment with clickable vocabulary links, hints, reasons and instant feedback.