As a current Castle customer, we want to highlight how teachers can use Castle on a day-to-day basis to support in-class instruction, homework assignments, mastery of content, or as a remote learning tool when needed. Below are some product features that will help you get the most out of Castle:
- Easily add questions from our large question bank to assignments by searching and filtering by different criteria, including but not limited to standard, topic, and level.
- Quickly create assignments using our Public Assignment Sets.
- Add original questions with our Personal Content Sets feature.
- Collaborate with peers and share assignments with other teachers to share the workload.
- Assignment options include quiz or open mode, timed access, differentiated instruction, text-to-speech, attaching resources, just to name a few of the options available.
- Assignments and tests can be integrated into LMS applications such as Google Classroom, Schoology, and Canvas.
- In open mode, students receive feedback in the form of hints, reasons, and related vocabulary, providing immediate feedback to reinforce concepts from the assignment.
- Multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank questions are automatically graded.
- Teachers can easily grade constructed response and essay type questions through our short answer response grading interface.
- With the resulting aggregated data, teachers can see at a glance which content needs reinforcement, and which students may need remediation or acceleration.
While NYS Regents exams may not take place this year, Castle is still an excellent resource for Regents’ content. Assignments containing Regents questions are a valuable resource for pre/post and ongoing assessments to evaluate students’ knowledge and understanding of the course material, as well as for student self-study.
Castle offers self-paced video tutorials on many of the features mentioned above which are available to you 24/7. Once logged in, click on the E-learning-Videos link in the Help Resources section on your home page.
We are offering live interactive webinars during the month of February for an overview and guidance on how to use Castle Learning in your classroom. Click on the link below to register:
Customer Support is available 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST: