The Math Content Team is excited to announce our newest release of NYS 6th grade sample questions. The new release targets standards that needed refreshing with newer content. In all, 19 Common Core standards were updated:
- 8 – Expressions and Equations standards
- 4 – Geometry standards
- 5 – The Number System standards
- 2 – Ratio and Proportional Relationships standards
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Find a given ratio in verbal form in a table.
- Find a set of values that make an inequality true.
- Find the coordinates of a point that is the same distance from a given point as a second point.
- Represent three-dimensional figures using nets made up of rectangles and triangles, and use the nets to find the surface area of these figures.
- Use variables to represent numbers and write expressions when solving a real-world or mathematical problem.
- Solve word problems involving division of fractions by fractions.
- Recognize opposite signs of numbers as indicating locations on opposite sides of 0 on the number line.
- Use rate language in the context of a ratio relationship.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems by writing and solving equations.
The new questions can be found in the full math course using the question ID numbers 145712 to 145801.