The Math Content Team is excited to announce our newest release of 7th grade EOG sample questions. The new release targets standards that needed refreshing with newer content. In all, nine Common Core standards were updated:
- 3 – Expressions and Equations standards
- 1 – Geometry standards
- 1 – The Number System standard
- 3 – Ratio and Proportional Relationships standard
- 1 – Statistic and Probability standards
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Represent proportional relationships with an equation.
- Compare unit rates.
- Find the constant of proportionality.
- Use proportional relationships to solve multistep ratio and percent problems.
- Find the percent markup of a product.
- Determine how many square tiles are needed to cover an area.
- Find the total price after finding sales tax and tip for an item.
- Use the distributive property to simplify an expression.
- Solve multi-step, real-life and mathematical problems posed with positive and negative rational numbers in any form.
- Use variables to represent quantities in a real-world or mathematical problem, and construct simple equations and inequalities to solve problems by reasoning about the quantities.
- Use measures of center and measures of variability for numerical data from random samples to draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
- Identify the solution set to an inequality.
- Approximate the area and circumference of a circle in the coordinate plane.
- Use the Mean Absolute Deviation to compare more than one data set.