The Math Content Team has released new multiple choice, select all that apply, and fill-in questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 5th grade. The questions in this content release refer to multiple domains. The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Evaluate expressions with parentheses, brackets and braces.
- Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them.
- Generate two numerical patterns using two given rules. Identify apparent relationships between corresponding terms. Form ordered pairs consisting of corresponding terms from the two patterns.
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
- Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions referring to the same whole, including cases of unlike denominators by using visual fraction models or equations to represent the problem.
- Multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction.
- Use benchmark fractions and number sense of fractions to estimate mentally and assess the reasonableness of answers.
- Divide unit fractions by whole numbers and whole numbers by unit fractions.