The Math Content Team has released new questions that are directly aligned to the Common Core for the 3rd grade. The topics covered with this content release are
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete include:
- Use a number line to find the distance between two points by marking off fractional lengths.
- Use operations to solve a two-step word problem.
- Use bar graphs to solve problems of “how many more”.
- Use tiling to show the area of a rectangle by representing the distributive property.
- Understand that a square with side length of 1 will have an area of 1 square unit.
- Understand that division is the same as an unknown-factor problem.
- Understand that a fraction is formed when a whole is partitioned into equal parts.
- Multiply side lengths to find the area of a rectangle.