The Math Content Team has released new questions that are directly aligned to the Common Core for the 6th and 7th grades. The topics covered with this content release are:
New question types are also included in this release! You will find Multi-Option and Drag-and-Drop questions.
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Write equations to express one quantity in terms of a second quantity.
- Analyze the relationship between the dependent and independent variable.
- Determine if an ordered pair is a solution to an equation.
- Write expressions that express one quantity in terms of a second quantity, and use those expressions to solve problems.
- Solve inequality word problems and interpret the solutions in the context of the problem.
- Solve two-step word problems with rational solutions.
- Understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers.
- Graph points in the four quadrants to solve word problems.
- Plot rational numbers on a number line.
- Plot points on the coordinate plane.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving the four operations with rational numbers.
- Apply properties of operations to calculate with numbers in any form, converting between forms when appropriate.