The Math Content Team has released new constructed response questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 5th grade. The questions in this release refer to the five domains at the 5th grade level. The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Find the volume of prisms.
- Find whole-number quotients of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Solve word problems involving division of whole numbers leading to answers in the form of fractions or mixed numbers.
- Use operations on fractions for this grade to solve problems involving information presented in line plots.
- Solve real world problems involving multiplication of fractions and mixed numbers.
- Represent real world and mathematical problems by graphing points in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane, and interpret coordinate values of points in the context of the situation.
- Read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- Multiply fractional side lengths to find areas of rectangles, and represent fraction products as rectangular areas.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of division to divide unit fractions by whole numbers and whole numbers by unit fractions.
- Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit.