The Math Content Team has released new constructed response questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 4h grade. The questions in this release refer to the five domains at the fourth grade level. The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Generate equivalent fractions using area models.
- Determine and draw lines of symmetry in geometric shapes.
- Identify and extend patterns.
- Explain the different types of angles.
- Solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, volumes, masses of objects, and money.
- Solve addition and subtraction problems to find unknown angles on a diagram in real world and mathematical problem.
- Add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers to solve word problems.
- Add and subtract fractions and mixed numbers.
- Compare fractions by finding a common denominator.
- Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems.
- Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors.
- Solve multistep word problems posed with whole numbers and having whole-number answers using the four operations.
- Multiply a fraction by a whole number.