The Math Content Team has released new multiple choice, select all that apply, and fill-in questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 3rd grade. The questions in this content release refer to the domain “Operations and Algebraic Thinking.” The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Determine which expressions are equivalent to a multiplication expression.
- Use the Properties of Numbers to determine a missing value in a number sentence.
- Use the Properties of Numbers to determine if a number sentence is true.
- Find the missing value in a number sentence.
- Solve word problems where there are multiple steps.
- Determine when a multiplication expression will result in an even or odd product.