The Math Content Team has released new constructed response questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 3rd grade. The questions in this release refer to the five domains at the third grade level. The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Write a word problem to represent a situation.
- Solve two-step word problems using the four operations.
- Recognize and generate equivalent fractions.
- Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems.
- Draw a scaled bar graph to represent a set of data.
- Solve word problems involving perimeter.
- Use attributes of two-dimensional figures to solve problems.
- Partition shapes into parts with equal areas.
- Compare two fractions using area models.
- Round whole numbers to the nearest ten or hundred.
- Represent fractions on a number line.
- Add and subtract within 1000 to solve word problems.