The Math Content Team has released 60 new multiple choice questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 3rd grade. The questions in this content release refer to the domain Measurement and Data. The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Solve word problems using addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes.
- Solve one-step problems involving mass and volume in the same units.
- Find the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths by tiling it, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths.
- Find the unknown side length of a polygon given the perimeter.
- Find areas of figures by decomposing the figures into non-overlapping rectangles.
- Use area models to represent the distributive property.
- Find the perimeter of polygons given the side-lengths.
Sample Questions with Hints and Reasons