The Math Content Team has released 35 new multiple choice and constructed response questions that are aligned to the Common Core for the 3rd grade. The questions in this content release refer to the domain Measurement and Data. The following standards are included in the new content release:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Identify the correct pictograph given a set of data with multiple categories.
- Identify the correct data set from a pictograph.
- Find the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths by tiling it, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths.
- Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes.
- Find areas of rectilinear figures by decomposing them into non-overlapping rectangles and adding the areas of the non-overlapping parts,applying this technique to solve real world problems.
- Use the distributive property to represent the combination of rectilinear areas.
Sample Questions with Hints and Reasons