The Math Content Team has released new questions that are directly aligned to the Common Core for the 3rd and 5th grades. The topics covered with this content release are:
Sample tasks that students are asked to complete:
- Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve a word problem.
- Recognize or generate equivalent fractions.
- Tell time to the nearest minute.
- Determine the unknown whole number in a division sentence relating three whole numbers.
- Multiply the side lengths of a rectangle to find the area.
- Determine the expanded form of a number written in standard form.
- Recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
- Determine the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10.
- Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.