The Math Content Team has created an 8th Grade NYS Sampler. The sample exams reflect the changes indicated by New York State, and assess what students know and can do relative to the grade-level Common Core Learning Standards for Math. The three “sample books” follow the recommended percentages for clusters, standard emphasis, and domain attribution specified in the “Educator Guide to the 2017 Grade 8 Common Core Mathematics Test”. Books 1 and 2 focus solely on multiple choice questions, while Book 3 incorporates constructed (extended) response questions.
To add a sampler to your list of assignments:
- On the Teacher Home Page click Assignments
- Click the button to Create From Public Assignments
- Click the blue plus sign to expand Mathematics
- Click the blue plus sign for Intermediate Math (Grades 6 to 8)
- Click the blue plus sign to expand New York
- Exams are labeled “Grade 8: 2016-2017 NYS Common Core Math Sampler – Book__”
- Click the name of an exam to preview the contents of the exam
- Check the box next to the name of an exam to mark it for import
- When ready, click the Import button to add the selected exam(s) to your assignment list. You will then be returned to the Assignments page where you can review, modify and/or assign the exam.