New Listening and Reading Public Assignments
Castle Learning courses in Spanish and French offer great practice and review questions on a wide variety of everyday topics. These topics include clothes, shopping, food, travel, health and safety, the arts, and much more!
New this month is a collection of public assignments focusing specifically on listening for factual information (specific details) or for the main idea of an audio selection. A variety of native language speakers are featured in the recordings. Audio controls allow students to pause, speed up, or slow down the recording, as well as to replay the selection as many times as needed.
Similarly, a new collection of public assignments focuses specifically on reading for factual information (specific details) or for the main idea. Many selections include everyday reading materials such as short articles, posters, announcements, menus, and schedules.
To access the new public assignments from the Assignments page:
- Select the appropriate course, Spanish or French, from the drop-down menu of courses.
- Click Create from Public Assignments
- On the Import Public Assignments page, click the plus signs (+) to open the tree for English & Foreign Languages, then Spanish or French, then Castle Assignments, then All States.
- Assignments are organized by topic, Listening or Reading, and Factual Information or Main Idea.
- Click to place a check mark next to the desired assignment. You can check more than one.
- Click Import at the bottom of the page.
- The selected assignment(s) now appear on your list of assignments.