If a student has forgotten the password they chose, teachers have the ability to clear the password. Here is how a teacher can clear a student’s password:
- From the Teacher Center, click the Classes link.
- Locate the appropriate class and click on it (the class name will be highlighted in blue and underlined).
- Locate the student and click the RED “X” in the column titled “ACTIONS” that corresponds to that student.
- Once the password is cleared, the student can login by entering ONLY their Login ID and clicking SIGN IN.
When a student’s password is cleared, they will skip over the password field the next time they log on. That is, they should leave the password field blank. When they click SIGN IN, they will be prompted to create a new password. Whatever they enter at that point will become their new password.
Teachers now also have the ability to clear multiple students’ passwords at one time. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click the Classes link from the Teacher Center.
- Select the class the students are in.
- Check the box next to the students’ names for you wish to clear passwords.
- Beneath the table of names, click the Clear Password link.
- A box will appear with the following message, “Are you sure that you want to clear the password for the selected students? If students forget their password, clearing it allows them to log in and choose another password. Click Yes to clear the passwords, then advise the student to log in as soon as possible in order to establish a new password.”
- Choose either YES or NO depending on how you wish to proceed.