If a student has accessed and forgot the password they chose, teachers have the ability to clear a student’s password. Here is how a teacher can clear a students password:
- From the teacher home page, click the CLASSES link
- Locate the class that houses the student whose password they wish to clear and click on that class (the class name will be highlighted in blue and underlined)
- Locate the student whose password they wish clear and click the RED “X” in the column titled “ACTIONS” that corresponds to that student.
- Once the password is cleared, the student can logon by entering ONLY their Logon ID and clicking SIGN IN.
When a student’s password is cleared, they will skip over the password field the next time they log on. That is, they should leave the password field blank. When they click SIGN IN, they will be prompted to create a new password. Whatever they enter at that point, will become their new password from that point forward OR until their password is cleared again.
Teachers now also have the ability to clear multiple student passwords at one time. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click the Classes link from the teacher home page
- Select the class in which the students are
- Check the box next to the students’ names whose passwords you wish to clear
- Beneath the table of names, click the Clear Password link
- A box will appear with the following message, “Are you sure that you want to clear the password for the selected students? If students forget their password, clearing it allows them to log in and choose another password. Click Yes to clear the password, then advise the students to log in as soon as possible in order to establish a new password.”
- Choose either YES or NO depending on how you wish to proceed