Castle Learning has added a new literature set! Questions for Kekla Magoon’s fictional work, The Rock and the River, are now available. The historical fiction novel is set in 1968 at the height of the civil rights movement in Chicago. The main character struggles with family loyalty and his support for the Black Panther movement.
There are 117 questions covering the entire work as well as end of novel questions at the high school level. These are a mix of multiple-choice, short answer and extended response questions. Students will be exposed to questions requiring reading skills such as: identifying factual information, making inferences and drawing conclusions, vocabulary in context, literary terms/devices, theme, mood/tone, etc.
To locate the questions:
- Search Castle Questions
- On the Question Criteria page, be sure the Show Classic Courses button in unchecked
- Select ELA
- Select Question Type(s) and Filter by Topics, then Start
- Select Novel under Topics
- Page down to bottom of the Novel list
- Click the blue+ sign next to The Rock and the River
- Check the entire set or certain chapters you want questions for
- Click Save Choices & Show Questions to view individual questions and add them to your assignment
Whether you’re reading the entire work with your class or just a short selection from it, this question set is easy to navigate and will provide you with a well rounded question set to use with your students.