Attention English teachers! Questions for Ayn Rand’s fictional work, Anthem, are now available on Castle Learning! The dystopian novella written in 1937 examines the ideas of collectivism and individualism through the lens of a post-apocalyptic world in which the government is in complete control.
There are 110 questions covering the entire work as well as end of novel questions. There are a variety of question types focusing on different reading skills. Students will be exposed to questions requiring reading skills such as: identifying factual information, making inferences and drawing conclusions, vocabulary in context, literary terms/devices, theme, mood/tone, etc. There are multiple choice and constructed response questions.
To locate the questions:
- Search Castle Questions
- On the Question Criteria page, be sure the Show Classic Courses button in unchecked
- Select ELA
- Select Question Type(s) and Filter by Topics, then Start
- Select Novel under Topics
- Page down to bottom of the novel list
- Click the blue + sign next to Anthem
- Check the entire set or certain Parts you want questions for
- Click Save Choices & Show Questions to view individual questions and add them to your assignment
Whether you’re reading the entire work with your class or just a short selection from it, this question set is easy to navigate and will provide you with a well rounded question set to use with your students.