Extended Response and a variety of new question types have been added to the following Literature Sets:
- Fahrenheit 451
- Their Eyes Were Watching God
- Things Fall Apart.
The additional questions are robust and ask students to incorporate multiple skills in developing answers. The questions will help drive critical thinking and class discussions involving increased textual complexity and understanding.
These additions to the current multiple-choice sets were designed to challenge students to analyze these classic novels. All of the questions have been aligned to the Common Core State Standards and correlated to both Bloom’s Taxonomy and Webb’s Depth of Knowledge scales.
All questions provide students with content support; hints, reasons, and/or sample answers are written for each question. The type of content feedback a student receives is dependent on the type of question.
To access questions that accompany these literary works, please follow these steps:
- From your Teacher Center, click the Assignments link.
- Select the appropriate English course from the drop down menu.
- Enter a name for the assignment and click Create New Assignment.
- On the question criteria page, be sure the Show Classic Courses button is UNCHECKED.
- Click ELA, check the Topics box on the filter by bar, and click START.
- You will find these literature sets under the Novel topic.
- Click the blue plus signs to expand the area you wish to view. Many of the titles narrow down to more specific areas of the literary work.
- Once you have the areas you wish selected by checking the boxes, click the Save Choices & Show me questions button to be taken to the page to view individual questions and add them to your assignment.